Welcome to the thorough overview of Kohima tour packages, where we reveal Nagaland’s best-kept secrets. Set off on a journey to learn about the breathtaking scenery, rich history, and distinctive traditions of this captivating state in India’s northeast.
The state of Nagaland, which is located in northeastern India, has Kohima as its capital. It is situated in the state’s southeast and acts as Nagaland’s administrative, political, and cultural hub. At a height of roughly 1,444 meters (4,738 feet) above sea level, Kohima is renowned for its scenic beauty and comfortable environment.
Diverse native Naga tribes with unique languages, traditions, and customs live in Kohima. A glimpse of the rich cultural past of the Naga people may be found at the Naga past Village in Kisama, close to Kohima. A significant annual cultural festival in Nagaland, the Hornbill Festival, is held in the village each year and features traditional Naga homes, artifacts, and handicrafts.
Visitors can find various interesting spots in Kohima in terms of attractions. Popular tourist locations include the Kohima War Cemetery, Japfu Peak, Dzükou Valley, Khonoma Village, and State Museum. Additionally, the city features a bustling market district where tourists may browse regional handicrafts, clothing, and indigenous Naga foods.
A 4 Days, 3 Nights Kohima tour package can give you a glimpse of the city’s highlights and nearby attractions.
Kohima Tour Packages: 4 Days and 3 Nights Itinerary
When visiting Kohima, there are several activities and attractions you can explore. Here are things to do in Kohima tour packages according to the itinerary:
- Arrival in Kohima: Arrive at Dimapur Airport and proceed to Kohima, which is approximately a 3-hour drive away.
- Check-in: Check-in at your chosen accommodation in Kohima.
- Kohima War Cemetery: Visit the Kohima War Cemetery, a significant World War II memorial and pay homage to the soldiers who lost their lives during the Battle of Kohima.
- Local Market: Explore the vibrant local market in Kohima, where you can find traditional Naga handicrafts, textiles, and local cuisine.
- Overnight stay in Kohima.
- Naga Heritage Village: Visit the Naga Heritage Village in Kisama, located near Kohima. Explore the traditional Naga houses, artifacts, and handicrafts showcasing the rich cultural heritage of the Naga people.
- Khonoma Village: Take a trip to Khonoma Village, known for its conservation efforts and traditional Naga practices. Experience the village’s natural beauty and learn about the local customs and way of life.
- Try traditional Naga delicacies like smoked pork, axone (fermented soybean), and various tribal specialties and back to the accommodation.
- Japfu Peak: Embark on a trek to Japfu Peak, the second-highest peak in Nagaland, known for its breathtaking views. The trek can take around 5-6 hours round trip, so it’s advisable to start early.
- Dzükou Valley: After descending from Japfu Peak, visit the picturesque Dzükou Valley, known for its lush green landscapes and colorful flowers. Spend some time exploring the valley and enjoying the natural beauty.
- Visit the Cathedral of Kohima, also known as the Catholic Church, which is a prominent landmark in the city. It offers beautiful views of the surrounding area and is known for its architecture.
- Have dinner and take a rest after such a tiring day.
- Local Sightseeing: Depending on your departure time, you can spend the morning exploring any remaining attractions in Kohima, such as the State Museum or local temples.
- Departure: Check out from your accommodation and depart from Kohima to Dimapur Airport for your onward journey.
Where to Stay in Kohima
Kohima provides a selection of lodging choices to meet the requirements of every guest. You can select the ideal accommodation that fits your preferences and budget, from opulent hotels to welcoming guesthouses. Enjoy the luxury of your chosen lodging while taking in the warm hospitality of the community.
Plan Your Kohima Tour Today!
Please keep in mind that this is only a sample of Kohima tour packages; you can change it to suit your needs and the time you have available. Check the accessibility, operating hours, and any required permissions for the attractions you intend to visit.
It is advisable to get in touch with travel companies, tour operators, or online travel portals for specific Kohima tour packages because they can give you extensive information, pricing, and inclusions based on your travel dates and needs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The best time to visit Kohima is from November to February. The weather is lovely. The sky is still clear. There is no rainfall.
In general, Kohima travel packages might range from affordable choices to more opulent and luxurious selections. While more expensive packages might offer comfier lodging, private transportation, guided tours, and more amenities, more affordable ones might only offer basic lodging, shared transportation, and a few inclusions.